The death of a loved one can be traumatic and arranging the funeral is not an easy thing. It is always a better option to get assistance from a funeral director. As the ageing population of Perth is increasing, the demand for funeral services and directors is increasing. The funeral services industry is now filled with many small businesses, and choosing funeral directors in Perth has become a tricky task. However, knowing the kind of services to expect from a funeral director can be a good place to start your search. Keep in mind that there are many wannabes who are out there to make quick money, and will provide only a few services and leave a huge burden on your shoulders. A good director will carry out all the tasks involved in the funeral. He will leave no stone unturned. They have exceptional qualities that distinguish them from quacks.
What Professional Funeral Directors Actually Do
A good funeral director in Perth will perform the following tasks:
- Arrange for the transfer of the deceased from the place of death to the funeral home.
- Conduct in-depth consultation with the bereaved to gather all the necessary information regarding the funeral arrangements.
- Provide professional advice and assist with legal matters.
- Ensure professional care of the deceased in the funeral home including sanitary washing, hairdressing, restorative art, embalming preparation and cosmetology.
- Register the death and obtain a death certificate as well as file all authorizations, affidavits, permits and certificates that may be required.
- Make arrangements with the florists, clergy person, entertainment providers, transport providers, cemetery or crematory persons and all the other service providers.
- Compose an obituary including biographical information and service information, and disburse it to all the media outlets as requested by the family.
- Assist the family members with grief counseling, veteran insurance, social security and other death-related claims.
- Help with the delivery and distribution of funeral folders, prayer cards and register book.
- Direct the funeral service in a professional manner from funeral home visitation to the service, to the place of disposition – cemetery or crematory. He is responsible for the funeral procession.
- Deliver items such as photos that were displayed, memorial contributions, flower cards and register book back to the family once the funeral service is concluded.
- Assist with other services after the funeral such as purchase and installment of a monument.
Qualities of good Funeral Directors in Perth
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Tact, sensitivity and empathy.
- Good organizational skills.
- Have self-confidence.
- Physical strength for manual work.
- Professional appearance – well groomed.
- Flexible to work in odd times including evenings and weekends.
Good funeral directors in Perth will do most if not all of the tasks above. They may have employees and divide the tasks to ensure that things run more efficiently. For instance, he may have a mortuary assistant who does the body work and an administrative assistance who is responsible for all the paperwork. Make sure that you thoroughly vet your funeral director to ensure that he offer all the services and has the right qualities to deliver the kind of funeral service you want.Read More