When you or your loved ones are involved in an accident, the injuries sustained can be traumatizing. Moreover, some accidents are fatal which means losing a life of a loved one. It is important to note that one is entitled to compensation after an accident as long as he or she was not at fault. If you do not know how to go about making a car or a truck accident claim, you can seek the help of a qualified and experienced lawyer. You could consider engaging Nashville attorneys from Cummings Manookian PLC who boast of recovering millions for many of their clients in different claims.
Is there a difference between truck and car accidents?
Generally, these two types of accidents are handled a little differently. Two main things explain the difference between a truck and a car accident. These are:
1. Liability determination: There is much difference between a car and a truck accident when it comes to determining the liability of the driver of the two vehicles. For a car accident, the driver bears all the primary responsibility of the accident unless there are some defects with the vehicle. Therefore, it is up to the driver to be very responsible and observe all the rules of the road. For a truck accident, both the driver and the trucking carrier company bear the responsibility of the accident and the company may bear equal or even more of this responsibility. The company may be held responsible if it did not provide sufficient training to the driver, or if it did not ensure the vehicle is in good condition.
2. Accident investigation: The other difference is clear when it comes to investigating the accident. Generally, a car accident involves less exchange of information and fewer investigations as compared to a truck accident. Typically, the drivers involved in a car accident will file reports with insurance companies or police and exchange the information and the case is settled quite fast. However, for a truck accident, there is much more information to be gathered and the truck wreck lawyers in Nashville can help you gather all this evidence with ease.
Evidence examined for a truck accident
Notably, experienced truck accident attorneys like those found at Cummings Manookian PLC will examine much evidence that includes:
• The employment history of the truck driver
• The qualifications that the drivers used in applying for the job
• Alcohol and drug tests that could have been performed in the course of the driver’s career
• The insurance information of the company
• Inspection of the conditions of the trucks
Well, if you happen to be a victim of a car or truck accident, you need to ensure you have the best lawyers who have sufficient experience to argue out your case in court. Notably, the lawyers found at Cummings Manookian PLC could help make your work easy since they have the insight in handling such cases. Choosing the right car wreck lawyer Nashville or your locality has currently is the first step towards winning in a claim.
See more details below:
Business Name: Cummings Manookian PLC Address: 45 Music Square West, Nashville, TN 37203 Contact Name: Brian Manookian Phone: (615) 266-3333 Mobile Phone: (615) 266-3333 Logo URL: http://www.cmtriallawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/CMLandingLogo.png Tagline: Real Trial Lawyers, Helping Real People Trading Hours: 7am - 7pm Trading Days: Monday - Friday Payment Types: Visa, MC, Amex, Disc, Check Year Founded: 2014